Fledglings (Followers)

Saturday 13 October 2012

Collective nouns (part 1)

Hi! I am not sure, but I expect that you are all ignorant of the awesome world of collective nouns. So, to enlighten you, I thought I might put some of the weirdest animal ones on, but because there are so many, I am going to do it in parts. Here goes...

A shrewdness of apes
A congress of baboons
A sleuth of bears
A dissimulation of birds
A rabble of butterflies
A clutter of cats
A flock of camels
A carload of chimpanzees
A quiver of cobras
A rag of colts
A murder of crows
A parcel of deer
A pace of donkeys
A piteousness of doves
A paddling of ducks
A convocation of eagles
A memory of elephants
A mob of emus
A charm of finches
A prickle of hedgehogs
A parcel of hogs
A cry of hounds
A charm of hummingbirds
A deceit of lapwings
A smack of jellyfish 
An ascension of larks

1 comment:

  1. A smack of jellyfish? Now that is proper pub-trivia. Did chuckle about that one!

    ReplyDelete