Fledglings (Followers)

Thursday 4 October 2012

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

Well, I thought that this was a pretty good book! I read it in a couple of hours, and all in one sitting. Surprise, surprise, there was a reason for that; it was really quite a gripping book. The atmosphere was tense for about three quarters of the book, and while I can admit that the other quarter was un poco boring, but the rest was great!
The book was tense, fast paced and un-put-down-able. I loved the way it was written!
It tells the story of Katniss Everdeen, in the first person, and I think that the way it is told is really enjoyable, and I have never read a book like it, where it is told not as a diary yet in the present.
When her sister is picked for the hunger games, where the only rule is kill or be killed, Katniss volunteers and takes it as a death sentence. She still goes on, to win or not to win?
That is not the question, but overall a good book. I give it a rating of
4 out of 5, the point lost purely because of the ending.
But read to find out more...
Nerdy Birdy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment