Fledglings (Followers)

Monday 8 October 2012

A message from Gill Jepson

Hi! A couple of days ago, I wrote to the author of a brilliant book; Out of Time. She is getting a new book released in November; you should check it out! Anyway, I read the book and found out that she lived in Cumbria, so I wrote to her, asking her to do a post for me. Here's her reply...

I have always written for my own pleasure and it was only a matter of time before I became a published author. I love children’s fantasy literature and I was inspired by Alan Garner, Susan Cooper, Michael Morpurgo and dare I say it-Enid Blyton. My Out of Time books are centred around Furness Abbey and slip between different time frames-Raven’s Hoard the second novel is out on 1 November and I am very excited to see the response to it. I am passionate about Furness Abbey and the local heritage and want my books to encourage young people to explore their local environment. I visit schools with my books and provide writing workshops for young people, which I enjoy very much. It’s good to have instant feedback on your work-just so that you know you are on the right track with your writing.
Gill Jepson

So there it is! I am going to be doing book reviews of her books soon, so be sure to keep looking! If you want to buy one of her books, go on 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gill-Jepson/e/B00563Z2YK
be sure to post a comment below if you have read one of her books, met her or even just like this post. Cheers!
Thanks Gill,
Happy Reading,
Book Worm (Nerdy Birdy)

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats awesome! I hope you get more authors on i would be interested to hear what they had to say. Can you maybe email Gabrielle Zevin? She's my favourite author and i would love to hear what she had to say. Give her my regards ;)
    Rumpelstiltskin

    ReplyDelete